Starting a business is hard enough but nurturing it so that it continues to flourish is a whole different ball game. Marketing is one of the most powerful tools for fuelling growth, so here are several tactics to try if you’re stuck in a bit of a rut.
1. Know your audience Build audience personas by understanding their pain points and what started their search for your particular product or service. Then use these insights to inform your messaging and future business development plans.
2. Choose the right channels Be sure to experiment with all the exciting channels out there – TV, podcasts, webinars, the lot. But remember, there’s no point in leveraging them if they’re not on platforms where your audience hangs out or the sorts of content they respond to.
3. Keep a finger on the pulse Resist the urge to follow the crowd. New market, consumer and business trends emerge all the time. It’s important to keep an ear to the ground, but carefully consider the bandwagons you want to jump on, and the ones you’re better off avoiding.
4. Dial up your digital efforts Take a proactive approach to your digital marketing and build a dynamic online presence through regular updates. It’s fine to start with basics such as website, before thinking about advancing to the likes of mobile advertising and app development.
5. Stay fresh Test out new business growth initiatives regularly to stop your marketing strategy stagnating. You could opt for something a little different like chatbots or live video streaming. This will not only keep your audience engaged but the competition at bay.
Now, these five are by no means an exhaustive list of business growth marketing strategies, but they’re a good starting point. If you’re looking for support fuelling your business growth, we’re here to help so get in touch with our team today.